Recipe by Starfire (aka Wendy)
At Olive Garden we are passionate about Italian cooking. We are pleased to share with you a collection of our Featured Recipes over the years that you can prepare at home—and share with your friends and family.
- 3 cups cubed bread (stale, firm, crust trimmed)
- 1 cup milk (for soaking)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of, fine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 pear, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- butter (as needed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped (2 tsp dry)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- PUDDING PREPARATION.
- SOAK bread in milk for 2 minutes until evenly saturated.
- BLEND eggs, cream, salt, sugar, lemon zest, flour and cornmeal. Add apples, pear, grapes and raisins.
- COAT a 10 - 12 inch baking pan generously with butter. Add bread mixture to pan, spreading out evenly to the edges. Top with fruit batter mixture, spreading out evenly. Sprinkle with rosemary, sugar and drizzle with olive oil.
- BAKE for approximately one hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- PLATING SUGGESTION.
- Serve the pudding warm with ice cream.
- Garnish with rosemary sprig.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Bake in individual baking cups.
- Use melted vanilla ice cream for vanilla sauce.
- Add 1 tablespoons cinnamon to recipe.