Recipe by Caroline Cooks
Delightful Swedish dessert or breakfast. From Swedish Food web site. Posted for ZWT3.
Top Review by Julie B's Hive
Wow! Wow! Wow! Oh my gosh was this ever delicious! I used a Canadian White bread that remained crisp in the frying-the sweetened cream was not overpowering and the blueberries seasoned just right. If I can get away with this for breakfast I'll never skip it again. TFS this awesome recipe. ZWT3.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 4 slices hardy white bread
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar and blue berries until sugar has melted.
- Whip cream and add vanilla and honey.
- Dip bread slices in sugar and cinnamon.
- Fry in butter in a skillet.
- Place one slice on each plate; divide whipped cream mixture among slices; top with blueberries.