Prep 18 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delightful Swedish dessert or breakfast. From Swedish Food web site. Posted for ZWT3.
Make and share this Bread Fritters With Custard and Blueberries recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 4 slices hardy white bread
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter
- Mix sugar and blue berries until sugar has melted.
- Whip cream and add vanilla and honey.
- Dip bread slices in sugar and cinnamon.
- Fry in butter in a skillet.
- Place one slice on each plate; divide whipped cream mixture among slices; top with blueberries.
Wow! Wow! Wow! Oh my gosh was this ever delicious! I used a Canadian White bread that remained crisp in the frying-the sweetened cream was not overpowering and the blueberries seasoned just right. If I can get away with this for breakfast I'll never skip it again. TFS this awesome recipe. ZWT3.