Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
In response to a request. Plan ahead--these take a couple of days to prepare! From the ASIJ(American School in Japan) 90th Anniversary Cookbook, 1992
- A couple of days ahead of time: cut up the baguette into very small pieces and let it dry completely.
- One day before cooking: warm up the milk and add to the dry bread crumbs.
- Warm up butter and add chopped onions and parsley.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the butter, onion, parsley, eggs, salt, and nutmeg to the bread.
- Knead until firm.
- Store overnight in a closed container, refrigerated.
- Day of preparation: Knead the dough again and form little balls.
- (Wet hands before forming the balls).
- Fill a large microwave-proof container with 1 cc.
- of hot salty water.
- Place the knodel in the container, cover with a lid and cook at the lowest setting for 10-15 mins.
- Drain and serve.