Recipe by DaHomeCooker
This is the basic yeast bread dough concept with which you can make anything with. This Recipe will scale very well For best results use a stand mixer with a dough hook This makes one small loaf or about twelve rolls
Top Review by Orange.Peel
I have used this recipe a few times now and it usually works out great!
I usually use it for cinnamon rolls and I add the sugar and egg to it. It has always turned out well and is a big hit with my friends! Right now I am making some dinner rolls and I put in 1/4 cup of honey instead of sugar and I also added the egg.
This recipe is easy to use and delicious!. I also like that I can mix it by hand. I am a poor college student and I don't have any sort of fancy mixing machines
- 1 cup water (or 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup milk)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 -6 tablespoons oil or 3 -6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (optional)
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water to 100°F and add to mixing bowl.
- Add Yeast and mix with a whisk to dissolve.
- add oil and salt and 1 cup of flour.
- Whisk to combine well.
- Add remaining flour and dough hook.
- Mix on low speed until dough is proper consistency and pulls away from sides of bowl. add additional flour if necessary.
- Remove from bowl and transfer to oiled bowl and coat dough with oil.
- Let rise until doubled.
- Form into what ever you desire to make and let rise again.
- Bake at 350°F to 425 for 20 to 30 minutes the higher the heat the faster it bakes and the harder the crust.
- Finer cake like dough for like rolls, use the egg and milk.
- Sweet dough for like coffee cake or sweet rolls, use the sugar, egg and milk.