Recipe by JanuaryBride
This is a recipe very similar to the bread dipping oil they give you at Bravo (an Italian chain restaurant in the USA). My hubby loves it. Serve with rosemary foccacia as they do at Bravo or with your favorite bread (I love french bread or sourdough bread with this). If you like things spicy, feel free to add some crushed red pepper.
Top Review by Shuzbud
We LOVED this recipe! It tastes fantastic and is so easy to make! I had never made a dipping oil with sundried tomato paste but it absolutely made this dish, so I was probably a bit generous with the paste! Mine sat for about 24 hours before being used. I'll make this very often! Made for ZWT7.
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml sun-dried tomato paste
- 0.59 ml dried basil
- 0.59 ml dried thyme
- 0.59 ml dried rosemary
- 0.59 ml finely minced garlic
- 0.25 ml salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour olive oil in a bowl and add sun dried tomato paste.
- Pour basil, thyme, and rosemary into the palm of your hand and then crush the spices by rolling them in between your thumb and pointer finger. Add to the oil mixture.
- Add the garlic and pepper (and salt if you are using it).
- Using a fork, stir/mix the spices into the oil.
- Allow to sit at room temp for about 4 hours for the flavors to start to blend if you have time. Otherwise, go ahead and serve it right away.