Recipe by ladypit
This is a recipe I have not tried but found in an old (1950) cookbook called "500 Delicious Dishes From Leftovers" in response to a reques for healthy type recipes that use bread crumbs. This one sounds good and easy!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
These were good but I did find them a bit on the dry side, as Sharon123 I used walnuts in place of pecans and increased the maple extract to 1 teaspoon. Thanks ladypit!
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Add the sugar and the extract and mix well.
- Mix the nuts and breadcrumbs together and fold them into the eggs/sugar mixture.
- Shape into balls and place on a sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.