Recipe by BigFatMomma
An interesting-sounding recipe from a 1966 mailer. Posted so I wouldn't lose it.
Top Review by **Mandy**
What a great way to use up some stale bread...I used some leftover fruit bread that had to be used up and golden syrup in place of honey...were a sure fire hit with little miss DD. Thanks for posting!
- 354.88 ml milk
- 354.88 ml soft breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 29.58 ml light corn syrup or 29.58 ml honey
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk and pour over crumbs, and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt, and add to crumb mixture, along with egg, syrup (or honey) and melted butter.
- Beat until well blended and free lumps, and drop by tablespoons onto a well-greased griddle, allowing one side to brown before turning.
- Re-grease griddle before every batch.
- Serve hot.