Recipe by BigFatMomma
An interesting-sounding recipe from a 1966 mailer. Posted so I wouldn't lose it.
Top Review by **Mandy**
What a great way to use up some stale bread...I used some leftover fruit bread that had to be used up and golden syrup in place of honey...were a sure fire hit with little miss DD. Thanks for posting!
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup or 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk and pour over crumbs, and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt, and add to crumb mixture, along with egg, syrup (or honey) and melted butter.
- Beat until well blended and free lumps, and drop by tablespoons onto a well-greased griddle, allowing one side to brown before turning.
- Re-grease griddle before every batch.
- Serve hot.