Recipe by ladypit
This is one of the ways I use up old leftover bread. I found these to be a tad bland but with good texture. My kids loved these when they were little. Please look at this as a blank slate. Use the recipe as a base way to use the bread crumbs and then add your favorite fruit or other flavors! The recipe is originally from the More With Less Cookbook.
Top Review by deniseheth
update: I tried these with chocolate chips and tasted the batter, and it definitely needed a lot more sugar added (1/2 cup? no idea, I just poured until the batter was delicious) plus some cinnamon. then it was good.
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg
- 236.59 ml skim milk
- 59.14 ml melted butter or 59.14 ml oil
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs
- 236.59 ml flour
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 14.79 ml baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray your muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Mix together the eggs, milk, butter, and breadcrumbs.
- In another bowl mix the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring just until it is all combined.
- Fill the muffin tins 2/3 full and bake for about 25 minutes.