Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
Bread-Crumb-Coated Chicken for your Nu-Wave Oven
- 1⁄2 loaf country bread
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (about 1 1/2 ounces -freshly grated )
- 1 tablespoon sage (chopped fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 lb skinless chicken legs (2 whole )
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half (2)
- Tear bread into pieces and in a food processor pulse until finely ground.
- In a large bowl stir together 2 cups bread crumbs, Parmesan, sage, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt butter and stir in mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
- With a sharp knife cut chicken thighs from legs.
- Pat chicken dry and brush all over with butter mixture.
- Roll chicken in bread-crumb mixture, pressing gently to adhere, and arrange chicken, without crowding, on 4" rack.
- On level HI, bake chicken until cooked through and golden, 14 to 16 minutes.
I substituted gluten free bread crumbs for the bread so the gluten free members of the house could enjoy this chicken as well. I also substituted Dill Weed for Sage. This was a HUGE hit!!
Hi, this recipe is great, I used canned bread crumbs, Italian flavor and rubbed the paper towel dried chicken with extra virgin olive oil instead of butter then omitted the mustard. If a mustard fan you can make honey mustard sauce.
checking with moist and tender I cooked from frozen. was not crispy, I do not know if this is because I cook frozen chicken. it was very delicious I had to increase cooking time by 3 minutes.