Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found it in Goodhousekeeping Magazine.Delicious and very easy!
- 8 (3 ounce) kirby cucumbers, unpeeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (small pickling cucumbers)
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- In 6-quart Dutch oven, combine cucumbers, onion, vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard seeds, dru mustard, turmeric, crushed red pepper, and celery seeds; heat to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally. Boil 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Pour cucumber mixture into large bowl; cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Cover and refrigerate overnight before serving. If you like, spoon cucumber with their liquid into jars with tight-fitting lids and refrigerate up to 4 weeks.