Recipe by English_Rose
This is quick and easy to prepare and makes a flavorful light meal or brunch for the family.
- 14.17 g butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 thick slices white bread, stale will be ok
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 56.69 g ham, roughly chopped
- 473.0 ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 56.69 g cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 350°F Mix the butter and garlic together, then use a little to grease a shallow baking dish or tin. Use the rest to butter the bread slices, then cut them in hallf diagonally.
- Arrange the bread slices, overlapping in the baking dish. Tuck the cherry tomatoes and bits of ham in and around the bread slices.
- Whisk the milk and eggs together and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the bread and gently push the slices down into the liquid.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes Scatter the cheese over the top and bake for 35-40 mins until golden and set. Serve with a green salad.