Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
An original. I love one dish meals.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 loaves sourdough bread
- Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- instant mashed potatoes
- your favorite canned chili
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can corn
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cups cubed fat free mozzarella cheese
- sliced pickled jalapeno pepper (, for garnish)
- Slice off the tops of the bread loaves and hollow them out.
- Use the loose bread to feed the birds tomorrow.
- Combine the turkey and the onion soup mix thoroughly.
- Form them into patties that will fit into the hollow bread.
- Sautee them.
- Layer the bottoms of the bread loaves with the cubed cheese.
- Put a meat patty on top of the cheese in the loaves.
- Pour chile into the bread bowls up to about an inch from the top.
- Cover the chile with mashed potatoes.
- Bake according to instructions on the wrapper the bread came in.
- Dust top with paprika and scatter some jalapenos on it.
- Serve with a green salad.
- No side dish.
- This is a whole gang of food!