Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My Pampered Chef consultant sent me an email today and this recipe was featured. Sounds yummy for the upcoming holidays! The directions feature actual Pampered Chef items for those of us that absolutely LOVE Pampered Chef! :-)
- 2 (16 ounce) sourdough bread rounds, divided (about 6-in. diameter)
- vegetable oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope vegetable soup mix (or 2 envelopes)
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 lemon
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- parmesan cheese, Grated fresh (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F Using Color Coated Bread Knife, slice off top of one bread round to create a lid; set lid aside. Carefully remove center of bread round to form a 4½-inch-wide and 2-inch-deep well for dip. Slice center of first and entire second bread round into 1-in. cubes. Place bread bowl on center of Large Round Stone with Handles. Arrange bread cubes around bowl; spray with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer.
- In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth using Stainless Whisk. Add milk to cream cheese; whisk until smooth.
- Chop artichokes using Food Chopper. Add artichokes, soup mix and garlic pressed with Garlic Press to batter bowl; mix well using Small Mix ’N Scraper®.
- Microwave on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until hot (do not boil). Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 tbsp juice. Stir juice and sour cream into hot artichoke mixture; pour into bread bowl.
- If desired, grate Parmesan cheese over bread bowl and bread cubes using Rotary Grater. Lean lid against bread bowl. Bake 13-15 minutes or until bread cubes and top of dip are golden brown. Remove from oven; serve immediately.
This is a fabulous dip! It's got a nice creamy texture, and great artichoke flavor. Try it with Sweet Hawaiian bread instead of sourdough to make it even better!
This recipe is AMAZING! I have made it for every function/holiday/gathering, etc since I first had it. I highly recommend it!!!