Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I can't believe this has not been posted! It is perfect for entertaining at the time of the year or whenever. It is really great! This is wonderful for a crowd and it's easy. Pillsbury.com
- 1 (11 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated crusty french loaf
- 1⁄2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons salad dressing or 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon white wine worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 6 ounces crabmeat, well drained and picked over
- 2 ounces diced pimentos, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Bake French loaf as directed on can.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- In medium microwavable bowl, mix remaining ingredients except parsley.
- Set aside.
- Cut 1 inch from top of loaf.
- Cut top into 1-inch pieces; place in serving basket.
- With sharp knife, cut around inside of loaf, leaving 1/2-inch-thick sides.
- Remove bread, leaving inside of loaf hollow.
- Cut removed bread into 1-inch pieces; place in serving basket.
- Microwave cream cheese mixture uncovered on medium (50%) 3 to 4 minutes or until hot, stirring twice.
- Spoon hot mixture into hollowed-out loaf.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve spread with bread pieces and/or crackers &/or seasoned party pitas(recipe #146950).