Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the Weekend magazine.
- 8 slices bread, crusts trimmed
- 8 pieces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup celery, washed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, washed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce (optional)
- oil, to fry
- Moisten a slice of bread with a little water.
- Press and flatten each slice between the palms of your hand.
- Now, place a portion of cheese, 1 tsp.
- of celery, a little parsley and a few drops of chilli sauce onto the bread slice.
- Close up the bread over the cheese to form a ball shape.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Deep fry the bread balls in it.
- Drain on clean paper kitchen napkins.
- Serve hot with Heinz tomato ketchup or green chutney.