Recipe by MarieRynr
The turkish name for this rustic dessert is Serov Hatsi Kadaif. Beautiful breads are not just for sandwiches, this recipe turns a plain fresh loaf into a sweet finale. Don't let the simplicity of this fool you, it is delicious.
- 1 9 inch fresh round loaf country bread (at least 3 inches high; preferably sour dough)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, well softened
- 1⁄2 cup mild honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup creme fraiche
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Cut off top and bottom crusts from bread loaf, leaving a 9 by 2 inch thick round with crusts on sides.
- Butter cut sides of bread and transfer to a shallow baking pan.
- Bake in middle of oven, turning over once, until lightly toasted, about 20 minutes.
- Stir together honey and lemon juice, then spread on top of hot breaad.
- Spread evenly with creme fraiche, then let stand 10 minutes.
- Bake in middle of oven until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot or warm, cut into wedges.