Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Copied years ago out of a library cookbook.
- 4 1⁄2 ounces deviled ham
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Grease an 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine ham. cheese, and mustard.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add eggs and milk to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon half of the batter into prepared pan.
- Spoon filing lengthwise down center of batter in 2-inch strip.
- Spoon remaining batter around filling to cover top and sides.
- Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes or until deep golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan and cool completely.
- Refrigerate leftovers.