Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great wintery comfort-style dessert. A little lighter than your traditional bread and butter puddings as i haven't included butter, and you'll find that this is also lactose free! Apricots can be substituted for the peaches if desired.
- 4 slice of day old bread (you can experiment with bread types, try sourdough, fruit bread or wholemeal)
- 200 g tinned peaches, diced
- 118.29 ml sultana
- 29.58 ml whiskey
- 2 eggs
- 473.18 ml soymilk (normal dairy milk can be substituted in if desired)
- 4.92 ml vanilla essence
- 7.39 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Cut the bread into cubes (about 2 1/2cm)- there's no need to remove the crusts but you can if you prefer - and place into an ovenproof baking dish. Add the sultanas and peaches; toss to combine. Drizzle the whisky over the mixture.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and half a teaspoon of cinnamon. Pour the liquid over the bread mixture. Sprinkle the remainder of the cinnamon ove the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the top is golden. If it hasn't set place a lid over the dish and return to oven for a further 10-25 minutes or until set. Serve warm.