Debbie R.'s Note:
From "The Swiss Cookbook". I haven't made it yet. Sounds like great simplicity. Pepperidge Farm mades a good, firm white bread. The author says that this is a traditional, nonliquid soup. I'm having trouble meshing "soup" and "nonliquid", but there you go.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the bread into small cubes.
- 2Butter a 1.5 quart casserole.
- 3Measure 1 cup of the cheese and reserve the rest.
- 4Put alternate layers of bread and the 1 cup of cheese into the casserole.
- 5Combine the beef bouillon and wine. Pour over the bread and cheese.
- 6Dot the top with the butter and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- 7Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread and Cheese Soup from the Grisons
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.8
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 104.7 mg
- Sodium 1440.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 30.2 g