1/3 Photos of Bread and Butterfly (A Tasty Treat)
The staff here at CGTD Institute found the inspiration for this recipe from Lewis Carroll's 'Alice in Wonderland' story. A fun yet simple cooking project designed for the wee tots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 slice bread (white, wheat, etc. I used crumpet bread.)
- whipped butter, for spreading
- dyed sugar, your choice of colors (I used natural food dyes)
- candy sprinkles, for garnish or non-pareils
- grated coconut
- mini chocolate chip
- 1Note: if you wish, you can dye the butter. Also, for special effects, feel free to garnish sprinkles, non pareils or other choices like shredded coconut on the butterfly. Substitutions for butter would include: frosting, cream cheese, peanut butter or other nut/seed butter, etc. Also, if you wish, you can flavor the butter or substitute with extract of your choice: almond, vanilla, coconut, etc.
- 2First decide if you want your bread untoasted or toasted.
- 3Use a butterfly shaped cookie cutter to cut the bread. If toasting the bread, cut out the bread first.
- 4Place the dyed sugar on a plate.
- 5Spread a generous amount of butter on the toast then press the bread onto the dyed sugar OR, it may be easier (especially for very young children), for them to sprinkle the sugar on top of the bread instead.
- 6~TD~ tested-Mother approved!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread and Butterfly (A Tasty Treat)
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.5
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 127.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g