Bread and Butter Zucchini Pickles
- In extra large bowl combine zucchini and onions. Sprinkle with salt and gently toss. Top with 2" crushed ice and weight down mixture with heavy plate. Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Remove ice and drain mixture in colander.
- In large pot combine vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds, celery seeds, peppercorns and turmeric. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Take off heat and add zucchini mixture. Return to a boil, stirring frequently, reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Ladle into hot pint sterlized jars, leaving 1/2 headspace. Wipe rims and add lids.
- Process in water bath for 10 minutes, start timing once water is boiling.