Recipe by Neonprincess
This is from the Cadbury chocolate website. The custard isn’t too sweet, and goes well with the chocolate. If you want to be a little more decadent, you could use some caramel or strawberry filled chocolate. (Prep time includes standing time)
- 2 -3 croissants
- 75 g dark chocolate or 75 g milk chocolate
- 200 ml light sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- hot chocolate powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Cut a slit at one end of each croissant and insert a row of chocolate into the centre.
- Place the croissants so that they fit snuggly into a greased casserole dish.
- Beat the sour cream, eggs and sugar together until smooth. Add the milk and mix well. Pour over the croissants. (The croissants may float, this doesn’t cause a problem.).
- Place the casserole dish into a baking dish. Half-fill the baking dish with hot water. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the custard is set.
- Stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Dust with drinking chocolate to serve.