Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 6 slices day-old white bread
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk, warm
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- maple syrup (on the side) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter a deep dish 9 inch pie plate or 9 inch square cake pan.
- Generously butter bread slices on one side, then cut each slice in half diagonally to make two triangles. Arrange triangles, buttered side up, in the prepared dish.
- In bowl, beat eggs until well mixed. Add milk, sugar and vanilla; beat together. Stir in raisins.
- Slowly pour over bread making sure all bread is well soaked.
- Bake 45 minutes or until custard has set. Serve with warm maple syrup.
I love this recipe. Tho it says it serves for 8, but i could only serve it for 4 only (in 1 serving). I would serve it warm, with vanilla ice cream.
very traditional bread and butter pudding. some how i managed to burn some of the rasins, but it still turned out grate. the maple syrup gose well with this. i'll deffinetly make it again