Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is one of my favourite puddings, and a favourite of many other people who try it.
Make and share this Bread and Butter Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Grease a large ovenproof casserole dish with some of the butter.
- Slice the bread and butter it.
- Place them in layers in the bowl, sprinkling the fruit on top of each layer.
- Whisk the eggs.
- Whisk the milk, cream, sugar and vanilla essence.
- Combine the eggs and the milk mixture.
- pour on top of the bread and fruit and leave to soak for about 2 hours, (until the bread is saturated). If there isn't enough liquid to cover the bread, add more milk and/or cream.
- Sprinkle the top with grated nutmeg.
- Bake in a medium oven for approximately 1 hour.
- The top should be golden brown, and the pudding will rise.
this was soo awesome and soooo easy. I omitted raisins as my 6yr old refuses to eat them and i spread raspberry jam on the bread instead. turned out amazing. so smooth and yummy and sweet, just the way i like it!
This was fantastic! I didn't have much time for it to soak, but it came out great. I omitted the nutmeg and sprinkled the top with cinnamon sugar. I was introduced to this idea by a British friend and it is now a regular "pudding" in our house. Thanks for sharing!
Great recipe, easy to make and tastes fantasatic. I only left it to soak for 1 hour but it was fine. It's my husbands favorite dessert and he approved!