1/1 Photo of Bread and Butter Pudding
3 hrs 30 mins
This is one of my favourite puddings, and a favourite of many other people who try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a large ovenproof casserole dish with some of the butter.
- 2Slice the bread and butter it.
- 3Place them in layers in the bowl, sprinkling the fruit on top of each layer.
- 4Whisk the eggs.
- 5Whisk the milk, cream, sugar and vanilla essence.
- 6Combine the eggs and the milk mixture.
- 7pour on top of the bread and fruit and leave to soak for about 2 hours, (until the bread is saturated). If there isn't enough liquid to cover the bread, add more milk and/or cream.
- 8Sprinkle the top with grated nutmeg.
- 9Bake in a medium oven for approximately 1 hour.
- 10The top should be golden brown, and the pudding will rise.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread and Butter Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.5
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 170.0 mg
- Sodium 449.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 10.2 g