- 6 slices bread
- 2 cups milk, warm
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- maple syrup (on the side)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter a deep dish 9 inch pie plate or 9 inch square cake pan
- Generously butter one side of bread, cut in half to make two triangles.
- Arrange triangles, buttered side up, in prepared dish.
- In bowl, beat eggs well mixed.
- Add milk, sugar and vanilla; beat together.
- Stir in raisins.
- Slowly pour over bread making sure all bread is well soaked.
- Bake 45 minutes or until custard has set. Serve with warm maple syrup.