Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 6 slices bread
- 2 cups milk, warm
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- maple syrup (on the side)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter a deep dish 9 inch pie plate or 9 inch square cake pan
- Generously butter one side of bread, cut in half to make two triangles.
- Arrange triangles, buttered side up, in prepared dish.
- In bowl, beat eggs well mixed.
- Add milk, sugar and vanilla; beat together.
- Stir in raisins.
- Slowly pour over bread making sure all bread is well soaked.
- Bake 45 minutes or until custard has set. Serve with warm maple syrup.
Very easy recipe. I made it for breakfast over the weekend and both my kids enjoyed it. This will become part of my regular routine.
Very good recipe, did not have to increase quantities of liquids, just give it a little time to all soak in before going in the oven. Helped it along with a spoon, pushing it around a bit. Added a bit of cinnamon to the mix and a little more sugar. Delicious with the maple syrup drizzled over it! Thank you for the recipe, will definitely make it again!