Recipe by angeliqueraath
A lovely warm pudding that is quick and easy to make!
Top Review by muffinlady
Simple and I could use what I had on hand. I did not have rum so used a few drops of almond extract and water. I did not have cream so used milk and added some butter. I believe the croissants absorbed all of the custard. I really wanted some extra I was in the mood for custard. maybe next time I will use more and a bigger baking dish. It is weird that this recipe was submitted 3 years ago and I am the first reviewer
- 12 croissants
- apricot jam
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 100 g raisins
- 100 g almonds
- 30 ml dark rum
- 1 liter whole milk
- 500 ml cream
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 60 ml vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the croissants open and smear a thick layer of butter and apricot jam on them.
- Add the raisins and dark rum in a bowl. Microwave them for 1 minute on high until the dark rum is absorbed by the raisins.
- Mix the custard mixture together.
- Put the croissants in an oven baking dish. Sprinkle the almonds, raisins and cinnamon over the croissants. Then add the custard mixture.
- Let it stand for about 5 minutes. Then cover the baking dish with foil and bake for about 30-45 minutes at 350°F.
- Serve hot with a dollop of cream or ice cream.
- Note: You can always and some chocolate chips or caramel chips for variation.