Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 4 slices bread, remove crust and cut into triangles
- 50 g butter
- 50 g dried raisins
- 1⁄2 grated lemon, rind of
- 25 g sugar
- 150 ml milk
- 1 small egg
- Coat a pie dish with butter.
- Spread the breads with butter on 1 side.
- Arrange 4 pieces of bread in the pie dish with their buttered side down.
- Sprinkle some rasins,some lemon rind and half of the sugar over the breads.
- Arrange the other 4 pieces of bread with their buttered side down on top.
- Sprinkle the rest of the rasins, lemon rind and sugar over the breads.
- Blend the milk and the egg.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the breads.
- Leave it to soak for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg C or gas reg 5 for about 40 minutes.
- Serve hot.