Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
There's a couple dozen recipes for this in here but none of them are like this one. This makes a delicious brunch dish. Found in Chicago Tribune a couple of months ago.
- 8 plain croissants
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cut croissants into 2-inch pieces; toast them in the oven 10 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Raise oven heat to 400°F.
- Butter a 9-inch square glass baking dish.
- Combine the toasted croissants with the blueberries in the baking dish.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir in the vanilla.
- Spoon mixture over the croissants; sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Place the baking dish in a large baking pan; add enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the dish.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, or until pudding is set and the top is golden.
- Remove the baking dish from the water; cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Mmmmm,..mmmm,,,,mmmm,mmm Can't wait to try these. Looks deliciouis. Will definately be back with a rating. regards, DEEP