Joanie Grow's Note:
Just like the ones my Grandma used to make...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare Ball brand or Kerr brand jars and closures according to instructions.
- 2Wash cucumbers and remove 1/16 inch from blossom end.
- 3Cut into 1/4 inch slices and measure 10 cups.
- 4Combine cucumber slices, onion slices, salt and water in a large bowl.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Cover and let stand for 2 hours.
- 7In a 6- to 8 quart saucepan, combine vinegar and remaining ingredients.
- 8Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 9Drain vegetables; rinse; drain again.
- 10Add vegetables to vinegar mixture and return to a boil.
- 11Pack hot pickles and liquid into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- 12Remove air bubbles with a nonmetallic spatula.
- 13Wipe jar rim clean.
- 14Place new lids on jars with sealing compound next to glass.
- 15Screw bands down evenly and firmly just until a point of resistance is met- fingertip tight.
- 16Process 10 minutes in a boiling water canner.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread and Butter Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (4546 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.2
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11374.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 93.8 g
- Protein 3.8 g