Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
My dad's favorite summer treat Hot water bath canning method
Make and share this Bread and Butter Pickles recipe from Food.com.
- Cover cucumbers with salt and them ice cubes in a large bowl for three hours.
- Drain well.
- Add onion, peppers, garlic.
- Place all other ingredients in large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add cucumber mix and bring to second boil.
- Place in jars and use water bath to seal - approximately 10 minutes.
Sifting through B & B pickle recipes before adding my own (like a good little food.com member :), I was amazed to find this word for word copy of ours! This is our stand-by recipe... the only difference: we add pickling spice in place of the mustard & celery seeds, as we like the slightly more complex flavor with the variety of spices found in the pickling spice.
Rated 5 stars. Forgot to do that.