Prep 15 mins
Cook 48 hrs
I don't recall where I found this recipe so many years ago, but it' similar to a couple of the other Freezer Pickle recipes I've seen on RecipeZaar, There are a couple of small differences. These pickles were such a hit that I gave them out as gifts one year...
- 7 cups cucumbers
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 cups green peppers (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon alum
- Slice cucumbers into a few plastic containers. Freezer ziplock bags work too!
- Mix together all other ingredients and pour over pickles.
- Close bags or containers and freeze for about 2- 3 days before defrosting to eat.
I'm about to make these for the third or fourth time. Love this recipe. I've never frozen them though. I store in a jar in fridge, they're ready in a few weeks. I've made them year-round as well, using the small japanese type cucumbers that Costco sells.
the recipe i am looking for the cocumbers are kept in refrigator for two weeks and stirred every day before frozen
i used this recipe last year and it was awesome. this is a very simple way to make pickles that tase like you worked in a hot kitchen all day long.