Recipe by GypsyAnn
Great stew recipe I found in a wonderful cookbook called Tastes and Tales from Texas. Nothing warms you up better on a cold and dreary evening.
Top Review by CoachTammyG
We LOVE this stew. I bought the cookbook over 15 years ago and we make it often. Tonight we used venison and cooked in a pressure cooker (35 min for the meat and 18 min for the veggies). It was perfect! By far our all time favorite receipe!
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 lb stew meat
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ounce Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper
- 4 medium carrots, sliced thick
- 4 small potatoes, cut into fourths
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in a Dutch oven or large stew pot.
- Remove bacon and drain on paper towel.
- Add stew meat to pan and sear.
- Lower heat and add tomatoes, beef broth, water celery, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and chili powder.
- Cover and simmer 2 hours.
- Remove 1/4 cup broth from stew, cool, and mix with flour.
- Add flour mixture to stew.
- Salt and pepper as needed.
- Add carrots and potatoes and cook 30 minutes.
- Add corn and bacon; cook another 5 minutes.