Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
It's like a yule log/Tronco Navideño.A sponge cake rolled into a log with a filling of your choice. You could frost it or just dust with powdered sugar. The filling I use is dulce de leche with guava marmalade, you could also use Nutella, bavarian cream or any flavor of marmalade. It's not as hard as it looks.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar (125 grams)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted (60 grams)
- 1⁄2 cup flour, sifted (100 grams)
- 1 cup of guava marmalade
- 1 (14 ounce) can dulce de leche
- Whisk egg whites with the salt until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks with the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the butter and half of the flour.
- Gently fold in half of the egg whites. Then fold in the remainder of the flour and last the rest of the egg whites.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit/ 240 degrees celsius.Grease and line a baking sheet with wax paper, then grease the wax paper again.
- Then spread batter evenly onto sheet. Bake for aprox. 7 minutes or until firm and pale but not golden.
- While it bakes get your filling ready and set a moist,clean towel on a clean flat surface, which should be big enough to cover the entire cake.
- Remove the cake from the oven and quickly invert it onto the towel, remove the paper and spread dulce de leche and top with marmalade on top and roll the cake. Wrap cake with the towel and refrigerate up to a day before or 3 hours minimum. Remove and decorate.