A wonderfully different dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup toasted and finely ground cashew nuts
- 1In a saucepan, simmer milk over low heat until reduced to 2 cups.
- 2Add sugar, butter and vanilla extract; stirring constantly.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Beat egg yolks in mixing bowl.
- 5To egg yolks, gradually add milk mixture by spoonfuls, beating constantly.
- 6Stir well to avoid curdling.
- 7Add cashew nuts and continue cooking entire mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture has consistency of a paste.
- 8Set aside to cool to warm (remaining at spreading consistency).
- 9Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 10Beat egg whites until stiff.
- 11Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating continuously.
- 12Stir in vanilla.
- 13Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper greased with butter and spread meringue on top.
- 14Bake until lightly browned and set.
- 15Spread filling evenly on top of meringue and roll into a log.
- 16Brush with butter and brown again in oven.
- 17Remove to rack and cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazo De Mercedes - Creme-filled Log Cake
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.0
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 194.9 mg
- Sodium 179.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 50.7 g
- Protein 12.6 g