This is a traditional Spanish recipe and what better time to make it than this Friday, Spain's National Day:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the milk, essence and cocoa in a pan and whisk, bring to boiling point.
- 2Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl with 4 oz. castor suger and 1 tbsp. flour
- 3gradually whisk in the hot milk.
- 4Return to the pan and stir over low heat until the custard thickens.
- 5Put the eggs and the remaining castor sugar in a bowl and whisk over a pan of hot water until pale and thick, then whisk until cool.
- 6Fold in the self-raising flour.
- 7Pour mixture into lined tin and bake at 190C degrees for 15 min until risen and golden brown.
- 8Put a piece of greaseproof paper on the work surface and sprinkle with a little extra castor sugar.
- 9Turn the sponge into the sugared paper, trim edges, cover with another piece of paper.
- 10Roll up with paper inside from one of the long edges.
- 11Leave to cool.
- 12Unroll and spread with the cold filling, sprinkle the toasted almonds over the filling and roll up again.
- 13Decorate with whole almonds and sift icing sugar over the top.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazo De Gitano (Gypsy's Arm)
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 628.3
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 289.0 mg
- Sodium 191.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 106.8 g
- Protein 12.1 g