Cook1 hr 5 mins
I got this off a package of Lundberg gourmet whole grain rice mix. I have changed the recipe slightly. I think this would also be good with a little cumin added.
- 1⁄2 cup long grain brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice
- 2 cups water (or broth)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or butter)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind (or lemon rind)
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, sliced (or black olives)
- 1⁄4 cup brazil nut, chopped
- Cook rice:.
- Combine brown and wild rice, 2 cups water or broth, and 1 tbls. olive oil in a pot with tight fitting lid.
- Bring to a boil, stirring once. Cover with lid. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let stand in covered pot for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with fork, and salt to taste.
- To make Brazilian:.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oil, chili powder, garlic powder, honey, salt and orange rind. Pour this mixture into the hot rice and mix lightly. Fold in olives and nuts.
- Serve and enjoy!