Recipe by Lainey6605
White rice is the main side dish made in Brazil. Be sure not to let it overcook because it should come out loose and not sticky.
Top Review by Boomette
I used basmati rice cause I didn't have enough of long grain rice. The taste of this rice turned out so good. Thanks Lainey :) Made for the Count Dracula and His Hot Bites for ZWT7
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the rice in a colander and rinse thoroughly with cold water; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the rice and stir until the rice begins to brown.
- Add the onion and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until the garlic is golden brown being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the salt.
- Pour hot water and chicken broth over rice mixture and stir.
- Reduce heat to low, cover the saucepan, and allow to simmer until the water has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.