Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
White rice is the main side dish made in Brazil. Be sure not to let it overcook because it should come out loose and not sticky.
- Place the rice in a colander and rinse thoroughly with cold water; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the rice and stir until the rice begins to brown.
- Add the onion and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until the garlic is golden brown being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the salt.
- Pour hot water and chicken broth over rice mixture and stir.
- Reduce heat to low, cover the saucepan, and allow to simmer until the water has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
I used basmati rice cause I didn't have enough of long grain rice. The taste of this rice turned out so good. Thanks Lainey :) Made for the Count Dracula and His Hot Bites for ZWT7
Excellent rice! This was very easy to make and the flavors of the onions and garlic come through nicely. I probably had the heat too low because it needed more time but it came out perfect, nice and fluffy. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7-South and Central America.