Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Traditionally served over meat and/or beans this sauce can be as hot as you like it. As a guide - cayenne peppers are roughly 10 times hotter than your run-of-the-mill jalapeno. As Ms. Hilton would say _"That's hot!"_ ;-)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 4 large fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 fresh cayenne peppers, finely chopped (more or less to taste)
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir well and serve either at room temperature or cold.
- Flavors intensify upon standing.