Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a very easy cake, the base cake is butterscotch flavored then you can add what ever kind of flavor syrup you like to it or rum .
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the flour baking powder and pudding mix and mix well about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg yolks and milk and mix well again.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks and fold into batter.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 greased cake pan and bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
- When the cake is completely cooled make incisions into the cake and pour in the flavor syrup over top .
- Garnish with whipping cream and serve.
I thought this was a wonderfully buttery and fluffy cake. I added some rum to the batter and then drizzled with syrup made from spiced rum, sugar and buttermilk. Excellent with a bit of rummy whipped cream!
This was real easy to make, and although I loved the flavor of the butterscotch, I may try vanilla pudding mix next time for Buddha. I used slightly warmed maple syrup. Made again, I would use a syrup that is a little less sweet, or try the rum version you suggested. This dish is very yummy. Thanks for posting.