Recipe by Marlitt
This is a very easy cake, the base cake is butterscotch flavored then you can add what ever kind of flavor syrup you like to it or rum .
Top Review by under12parsecs
I thought this was a wonderfully buttery and fluffy cake. I added some rum to the batter and then drizzled with syrup made from spiced rum, sugar and buttermilk. Excellent with a bit of rummy whipped cream!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package butterscotch pudding mix
- 3 medium eggs (Separate Out Yolks )
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup flavored syrup (Any Kind )
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the flour baking powder and pudding mix and mix well about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg yolks and milk and mix well again.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks and fold into batter.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 greased cake pan and bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
- When the cake is completely cooled make incisions into the cake and pour in the flavor syrup over top .
- Garnish with whipping cream and serve.