1/1 Photo of Brazilian Style(Milk Pudding)
1 hr 10 mins
Hi, this is an original recipe for pudim de leite, which is a classic Brazilian milk pudding made from condensed milk, fresh milk, and eggs .Totally yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 1 to 2 inches of water in a roasting pan. Place the pan in the oven and preheat to 325°.
- 2Put the sugar in the ring mold. Place the mold directly over medium heat. Keep turning the mold until the sugar melts into a golden brown caramel and spoon it up the sides of the mold.
- 3Be careful not to burn the sugar and yourself.
- 4I use an oven mitt to hold the mold in my left hand and a large spoon for the sugar in my right hand.
- 5This way I can keep turning the mold and spooning the sugar. Let the mold cool.
- 6Combine the condensed milk, regular milk and eggs in a blender. Whip (I like to use the frappe button in my blender) until smooth.
- 7Pour this mixture into the mold and place it in the center of the roasting pan with water.
- 8Bake the pudim for about 1 hour. It will turn golden brown on top and start separating from the sides of the mold. Let it cool to room temperature and place in refrigerator, preferably overnight (at least 6 hours).
- 9Just before serving, run the tip of a knife around the inside of the mold. Place a deep platter over the mold and invert: the pudim should slide out easily.
- 10If not, give the mold a firm but careful shake. Spoon the caramel sauce on top and serve. Serves about 10. Totally yummy!
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazilian Style(Milk Pudding)
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.5
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.2 mg
- Sodium 92.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 41.6 g
- Protein 6.4 g