- 1 lb lambs' liver or 1 lb calf liver
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- fat (for frying)
- 4 -6 cups boiled rice
- 1⁄4 pint vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the liver thinly and marinate overnight in the vinegar with the garlic and pepper.
- Slice the onions and fry them in hot fat until brown.
- Take them out and keep hot while the liver is fried on both sides.
- Take this out also and pour the strained vinegar into the pan.
- When it is simmering and almost boiling, add the liver.
- Dish the liver up on the boiled rice with the onions and pour the sauce over.