Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious, easy to make bowl of soup that is Low Carb, Paleo, and Whole 30 compliant! I found this recipe on www.ibreatheimhungry.com". Its absolutely delicious!
- 680.38 g raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 59.14 ml roasted red pepper, diced
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 396.89 g diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 236.59 ml coconut milk (or whole cream if you don't want it as sweet)
- 29.58 ml sriracha sauce
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- Saute onions for several minutes until translucent, then add the garlic and peppers and cook for several minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes, shrimp and cilantro to the pan and simmer gently until the shrimp turns opaque.
- Pour in the coconut milk and Sriracha sauce, and cook just until heated through – do not boil.
- Add lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh cilantro.
I loved this stew! The coconut milk makes it taste like a Thai curry, but the Brazilian flavors are there as well. Very nice-looking, and easy to make. I chopped up 3 tomatoes instead of using canned tomatoes- I'm sure it really made a difference and was worth the small amount of extra effort.
Absolutely delicious!! I used heavy cream and half the amount of sriracha sauce and it was perfect to me (I love spicy food). I will make it again and again.
Only one ingredient missing - but a VERY important one: "Dendê" Oil - also called Palm Oil.