1/2 Photos of Brazilian Shrimp Stew (Moqueca De Camaroes)
Lyncca Harvey's Note:
A delicious, easy to make bowl of soup that is Low Carb, Paleo, and Whole 30 compliant! I found this recipe on www.ibreatheimhungry.com". Its absolutely delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup coconut milk (or whole cream if you don't want it as sweet)
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- 2Saute onions for several minutes until translucent, then add the garlic and peppers and cook for several minutes more.
- 3Add the tomatoes, shrimp and cilantro to the pan and simmer gently until the shrimp turns opaque.
- 4Pour in the coconut milk and Sriracha sauce, and cook just until heated through – do not boil.
- 5Add lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Serve hot, garnished with fresh cilantro.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazilian Shrimp Stew (Moqueca De Camaroes)
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.1
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 1007.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 16.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: