Recipe by MarraMamba
From Bon Appetit, this delicious stew will delight all your senses.
Top Review by Annacia
This is officially my new favorite way to do shrimp. It's almost too simple to be so good. I wouldn't change a single thing about this recipe (and I don't say that very often, lol). The flavors are deep, rich and so satisfying. Served with garlic rice it made a wonderful dinner. A total keeper.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs large shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 5 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 cup coconut milk, well stirred
- 1 tablespoon palm oil, don't use another, just leave it out if you don't have it. Can be found in African markets
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss shrimp with garlic, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper and lemonjuice, chill for 20 minutes marinating time.
- Puree tomatoes with juice in a blender til smooth.
- cook onion and bell pepper in olive oil over moderately low heat.about 8-10 minutes. Add cayenne, tbs cilantro, remaining salt cook stirring one minute.
- Add tomato puree and simmer for about 15 minutes, until mixture is very thick.
- Stir in coconut oil and then bring to a boil, add shrimp mixture and cook 3 to 5 minutes until pink.
- Stir in dende oil and remaining cilantro. Season to taste.