Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you are a seafood lover - this is the stew for you. It uses white fish filets (snapper or roughy or your choice) and shrimp in a coconut milk and tomato base. Recipe is from Epicurious.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs white fish fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces (such as red snapper, orange roughy)
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 lbs medium shrimp, uncooked (peeled and deveined)
- Whisk 2 tablespoons oil and lime juice in a large bowl. Add fish and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper; stir to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, bell peppers, garlic and crushed red pepper; saute 5 minutes. Mix in tomatoes, coconut milk, half of the cilantro and half of the green onions. Add shrimp and fish with marinade. Simmer until shrimp and fish are just opaque in center, about 5 minutes. Season sew with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with remaining cilantro and green onions.