Recipe by chef FIFI
This recipe was given to me by my best friend who lived in Brazil for a while. Its a great barbecue side dish or potluck dish. *Measurements are approximate and are to taste* I personally like more lemon than stated below. This salad is supposed to be a little tart.
Top Review by MichelliBelli
I made this to go with our Brazilian steak on the grill and we loved it! I used the lemon, and more than called for. It was so refreshing and the perfect choice to accompany our steak. Great side dish here!
- 1 lb red potatoes (regular potatoes will suffice)
- 1 green onion
- 1⁄4 limes or 1⁄4 lemon
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 stalk celery
- 1⁄2 carrot, grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut potatoes in medium wedges and cook in salted water until done, but not smooshy soft.
- Put cooked potatoes into a bowl, while still hot, squeeze lemon over them (I'm estimating it at 1/2 to a whole lemon so add incrementally and taste); stir.
- Let cool.
- Meanwhile chop up celery and green onion.
- Once cooled add the mayonnaise,add celery and green onions, then shaved carrot stalk with a vegetable peeler, Stir until mixed but do not over stir or potatoes will become mushy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to let the flavors meld.