chef FIFI's Note:
This recipe was given to me by my best friend who lived in Brazil for a while. Its a great barbecue side dish or potluck dish. *Measurements are approximate and are to taste* I personally like more lemon than stated below. This salad is supposed to be a little tart.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut potatoes in medium wedges and cook in salted water until done, but not smooshy soft.
- 3Put cooked potatoes into a bowl, while still hot, squeeze lemon over them (I'm estimating it at 1/2 to a whole lemon so add incrementally and taste); stir.
- 4Let cool.
- 5Meanwhile chop up celery and green onion.
- 6Once cooled add the mayonnaise,add celery and green onions, then shaved carrot stalk with a vegetable peeler, Stir until mixed but do not over stir or potatoes will become mushy.
- 7Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to let the flavors meld.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazilian Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.8
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 66.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: